What do NAMI volunteers do?
NAMI Sacramento is built on the diverse contributions of the volunteers who make program administration, outreach and advocacy possible. Our volunteers help in a variety of ways, such as:
- Representing NAMI Sacramento at public outreach events, fairs, parades, panels and other meetings across the county and beyond
- Participating in and administering NAMI Signature Programs
- Responding to public resource requests on our Helpline
- Assisting in the day-to-day office administration
- Writing or editing content for social media and website publication
- Inspiring us with new ideas and fresh perspectives on mental health in our communities
Please consider volunteering. Some of our needs are for tasks that take little time or expertise, and some take more. Working together, we can accomplish so much! Your unique contribution could make the difference for someone with a mental health condition, or a caregiver for someone affected by mental illness. We have several volunteer opportunities, so please let us know what your talents/experiences are so we can effectively place you.