Advocacy: Bringing Mental Healthcare to the Ballot
The national NAMI organization is committed to raising awareness of mental health issues in the 2008 presidential primaries. In preparation, NAMI has developed a variety of presidential primary campaign materials to help our members educate candidates and impact federal campaigns.
- Ten Simple Ways To Make A Difference (tips on how to engage campaigns)
- Policy Action Agenda (introduction and full federal policy recommendations)
- Action Agenda Summary (one-page summary of Action Agenda recommendations)
- Candidate Questions (questions suitable for use in public forums)
- 2008 Presidential Primary Schedule
- NAMI Fact Sheet (updated fact sheet for campaign staff or organizations that are unfamiliar with NAMI)
These materials were developed for the presidential primaries, but they are also relevant for congressional campaigns, for partnering with other organizations who share our goals or to familiarize the public and media with mental health issues.
For questions or more information, please contact Angela Kimball, Director of State Policy, at (703) 859-4142 or email@example.com.